Saturday, May 24, 2008

YaY! We have a name!

It's official. Baby B is now Baby Reese. James Reese Beasley to be exact. As many of you know, I was not satisfied with the original name we picked out for our sweet baby boy. In fact, as soon as the ultrasound tech told us it was a boy, I knew that the original name had to go. It only took us a short twenty minutes to come up with James Reese. We knew James would be the first name, as it's Lofton's first name, as well as his dad and grandfather. Coincidentally it is also my grandfather's first name. Reese wasn't hard to decide on either. I adore my dad, and Lofton likes him a lot also. We just had to tweak the spelling a little. Daddy spells his name Rice because it comes from Maurice, his middle name. As parents we felt it was our repsonsibility to the baby to make his name a little more user friendly. We didn't want people thinking we named our child after a grain.

In other news, school is over for the summer! I'm excited to have a few weeks off to nest and get Reese's room ready. Actually Lofton is painting as I type! There are already lots of cute outfits to hang in his closet and the bedding is here and ready to be put in the bed. I'm so excited!!!!

No comments: