Saturday, December 12, 2009

sassy pants

My child now has a new name-- sassy pants. He owns it proudly.



Thursday was a day. It began with a screaming fit over wearing a jacket to school and ended with some WWE moves on the changing table. Neither instance worked out well for him.

Alas, sassy pants was not deterred. Yesterday afternoon I was picking up around the house while he was pretending to play with his toys. Things got eerily quiet so I tiptoed into the living room to survey the damage. I found one of my poinsettias shredded into a million pieces and my fourteen month old standing on the couch. STANDING, y'all! He had moved his chair up against the couch and used it as a stool to help him climb.

When he saw me looking at him he laughed at me.

I'm in for it. And although I jokingly tell people he gets his attitude from his Daddy, I know in my heart that isn't true. I own my sassy pant's name, as well. Wear it like a badge of honor. I am strong willed and stubborn, and I tend to use those things to my advantage. If God is into karmic retribution, than Reese is mine.

He is a dash of Lofton's curiosity and wide open recklessness mixed with my nasty attitude.

Fabulous. Pray for us will you?

3 comments:

Brittany Williams said...

Oh yes, my mom has already told me many times about the karmic retribution I will receive :-)
He is adorable, though, and I think I would laugh right back at him standing on the couch. Happy Holidays to your beautiful family, Elizabeth!

love,
brittany

Caroline Bobo said...

That is hysterical!! Hope you have lots of energy to keep up with him! Love your posts!

Erin said...

i have to say, i will pray for you and hope things get better, but your post absolutely cracked me up! you are hilarious :)