Funny story to add to yesterday's post:::
I'm a little bit skiddish when it comes to public outings. As in, I don't care for crowds and congested waiting rooms make me sweat. I generally prefer to sit as far away from strangers as possible.
When we entered the ENT yesterday, the left side of the waiting room was perfectly empty. Fabulous. We took a seat and I took to filling out a mountain of paperwork.
Enter strange family. Not to be judgemental {Cassie, you are laughing aren't you?} but I could tell from first glance they were odd. My first clue was that there was a little girl, maybe four, dressed in a brown t-shirt emblazoned with the phrase "Country Girl", purple shorts, and a pair of red boots. Cowboy boots.
Really? Shorts in January?
Of course, the weirdo's plop down on top of us and the kid is drawn to Reese like a moth to a flame. At first the mother apologizes profusely for her daughter's lack of "boundaries." "She just doesn't understand personal space." Yeah, thanks, I got that. Maybe you could MOVE her. The woman mentioned personal space at least ten more times. "We are working on her social skills." Got it. Maybe you could facilitate that lesson AT HOME!
"What's his name?" "Can I touch him?" "He's pretty." The girl would not shut up.
I'm still trying to fill out paperwork, but notice the little girl inching closer and closer to Reese. At this point I start to sweat. I politely, and pointedly, ask Lofton to read Reese his book.
The kid stands three inches from Lofton's shoulder and then TOUCHES Reese's face. At this point, I snap.
"He needs air!" I yell. Lofton finally gets the hint and takes Reese outside. I lie and tell the weird people that he has a cold and I'm concerned about the rug rat getting sick. The wacko's move on to another target-- an unsuspecting mom with two kids.
Dear weird people {i.e. anyone I don't know},
I know my kid's cute, but please don't touch him. He isn't a puppy and I'm liable to be very rude to you.
Thanks,
E
1 comment:
Ha ha ha. Oh, this story just made my morning.
Post a Comment