I swear, I resolve to do better.
How about an update on my favorite toddler?
Three year old Pre-K is just dandy. Monday was amazing and then Tuesday we hit a little speed bump. It's called "my son has an abundance of sass just like his mama". Shoot. After some serious talking to, a forced apology, the withholding of an afternoon treat, and a second tongue lashing from his daddy-o we seem to be back under control. I'm pretty sure he was just testing his new teachers, but this teacher mama doesn't do adult disrespect. Ever. Even when you're doing it with a smile.
![]() |
| oh this smile |
The promise of a spanking from daddy-o has kept us on the straight and narrow for the duration of this week. There was evidently some pushing of a friend today, but we don't punish as severely for toddler drama.
Funny side note: I asked Reese what he did to get time out and he kept yelling, "jakeamantooth."
Umm, what? I started guessing things like "You hit Jake in the tooth?" "Jake hurt your tooth?" "Jake said he was going to bite you?" All the while Reese is yelling LOUDER and louder "NO! JAKEAMANTOOTH!" Finally, it hit me. "Reese, did you hit Jake Mantooth today at school?"
And now, drum roll please....
We have a functioning living room/family room. The walls are painted Sherwin Williams Grain of Rice, the couches are new, and the built ins need to be painted... BUT, it's livable and box free. Yippee!
I'll be back before next Friday. Promise :)




1 comment:
That child is the cutest sass ever. And the living room looks great!
Post a Comment