I put in for today as a personal day over a month ago. Way before I knew Reese's shots would be yesterday. It was meant to be, though, because he definitely wouldn't have made it through a whole day at school. The whine factor alone would have prompted them to call us to pick him up.
We had our four year old check up yesterday. Everything checked out great, and Dr. Glaze pacified my list of concerns. I was SO glad Daddy-O tagged along, though, because the shots put me over the edge. It was bad. I've never heard Reese yell that way.
Lofton said later, "At least now we know what it will sound like if someone is trying to kill him. If we EVER hear that sound coming from him again, we should run to him. Quickly."
Five shots total-- four in his legs, one in his right arm. His arm doesn't seem to be bothering him, but his leg is already bruising. Poor buddy.
Regardless, we've enjoyed our day. Chai tea {my new favorite beverage} and yogurt {for Reese} in bed, a trip to Target for more children's Motrin and Cinderella {you should have heard me trying to sell a movie with a princess on the front}, and the only thing I really wanted to do today-- a pedicure. Buddy was an angel. He sat in the chair with me and was perfectly content to play with his cars and place Super WHY on my phone.
His stats---
Weight: 43 pounds {91 %}
Height: 46 1/2 inches {97%)
What can I say? He's big. Although his weight seems to be slowing. Slightly.
No comments:
Post a Comment