But the fourth of July was celebrated regardless with our usual trip to the lake. All my family peeps headed this way Wednesday. Despite the rain, we had lots of laughs and wine and food and fun.
This annual gathering started four years ago and it's really become quite the tradition.
We rented a boat this year which turned into a little of a busted plan. But we took a rainy ride and then when the rain slacked up a longer drier ride. The teens did some tubing which involved Lofton driving the pontoon boat as if he stole it. Good times.
But the best times involved the sing along. Every year Sally asks Buck to bring his guitar and this year he finally obliged. With printed song lyrics. I don't sing {and really, everyone is thankful for that}, but Lofton was happy to lead. He sounds a bit like an opera singer impersonating Kermit the Frog. I laughed. Really hard.
These two are trouble.
I think next year I'll make the play list. And it won't include Bob Dylan. Not to be outdone, Reese wanted to show off his dance skills Friday night.
He thinks he's Usher from the Voice.

No comments:
Post a Comment