We had Reese's birthday party the Saturday before last.
It was perfect weather for jumping in the bounce house and celebrating our favorite boy.
We surprised Reese before the party with a little gift... A trip to DISNEY! It's hard to say who's more excited-- him or me. We've been planning the trip since the Spring, so it's nice to be able to actually talk about it now. There's been a lot of spelling of d-i-s-n-e-y. Our trip is in early November and the countdown calendar is displayed prominently on the fridge.
I'm literally giddy with excitement. My parents are going to join us if my dad will go to the doctor and get his knee examined. Hi Daddy-- I know you read my blog. Take your tail to the doctor because we aren't wheeling you around Disney in a wheelchair. Love you! I actually received our Magic Bands in the mail from Disney today. We are testing them as part of a new program for Disney World. Awesome? Umm, yes.
In other happenings, Reese came home with a horribly high fever Tuesday afternoon. We wasted an hour of our time {and forty dollars} at the pediatric clinic before coming home to snuggle on the couch. Wednesday was spent doing the same. Unfortunately for Reese it was his birthday. Luckily he loves watching movies on the couch with his mama. And me? Perfectly content to stay home and snuggle with my baby on his actual birthday. I still can't believe he's five. And evidently neither can he because he says that all the time. He also asked if he could go ahead and start kindergarten. Like Thursday. Oh the disappointment when I explained he would have to finish the year in preschool first.
Friday we sent him to school fever free for his pumpkin patch field trip. I was leery as our first trip to the pumpkin patch didn't go so well. Petting zoos are not Reese's jam. He was also nervous about riding a school bus. I was equally as nervous about him riding a school bus, but off he went. When I picked him up from school he was full of stories. The best of which involved him explaining the pumpkin patch rules.
Let me just tell you the punkin patch rules, Mama. Rule one: Whatever punkin you pick, you have to carry. So if you pick the giant punkin you have to carry it all day long until we get back to the school bus. And so my punkin is small Mama, because there was no way I was going to carry a big ole punkin around all day.
Small it is. Tiny, in fact. Well worth the eight dollars I paid.
From school we headed to get our flu shot. Let me just tell you, I will not be taking him alone next year. It took two nurses to hold him down. Lovely.
And that about sums up our first week of being five.
No comments:
Post a Comment