I intended to blog about Disney. I have lots of cute pictures and stories to tell because it was truly a magical trip. But it's probably not going to happen. At least not anytime soon. I'm exhausted, friends.
Because apparently growing a human is really hard for me.
We've known since October so sorry you're a bit late to the party. Reese is over the moon about "our baby." And every single time he says our baby I get weepy. I blame the hormones.
Also blaming the hormones for the all day nausea which turns into hours of vomiting each night. And the splitting headaches. Ouch. I was sick with Reese, but it has been nothing compared to this go round. I'm on my second medicine regime and these meds basically knock me out. So yeah, my options are either vomit or sleep. I'm a lot of fun to hang out with.
We are most certainly not complaining, though. This pregnancy didn't come as easy as Reese, so we are going to happily vomit as long as it lasts. I think Lofton would agree it was a longer and harder journey than we anticipated, but also a really great one for us. We've learned so much in the last year about God's timing and God's plan. Let's just say sometimes it's different than ours.
Right now I'm trying to balance work with rest with being a mama and a wife and oh yeah Christmas. I'm overwhelmed and ready for this week to be over. I need some Reese time. I'm increasingly aware that our days as a duo are coming to an end and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious. But he really is so excited. He told me tonight that he's going to practice his ballet because if our baby is a girl she'll need me to teach her.
So I'm going to leave you with that. My five year old teaching himself ballet on the off-chance he has a sister! Happy news and happy holidays!
2 comments:
Congratulations!! I will be praying for you and I think its awesome you have such a great attitude! I am 26 weeks and still puking and nauseous some, but like you said, I would do it all 9 months for the blessing that lies ahead! Hang in there and update us when you can (or feel like it!)
Hooray hooray hooray! Could not be more excited about our new baby.
Post a Comment