If you'll remember, we did the whole shebang {cap, gown, grandparents, etc..} last year, too. With an October birthday he wasn't quite old enough to start kindergarten, thus our excitement over getting into the public school PreK program. We kept graduation simple this year. No grandparents, just Lofton and I, enjoying the moment with our most favorite person. There were no gowns--only caps-- and a few quick songs followed by cookies. Short and sweet.
This year has had high points and lows. We've been blessed to be in a great school a year prior to most other kiddos. It does my Mama heart good to know that when Kindergarten begins in August Reese will already be acclimated to the building, the people, and the routines. He's also in my school system which means we follow the same calendar. Amen to that.
There have been lows, too. I'm not sad to see this particular teacher go. While I've been pleased at what Reese has learned, I've been less than happy with other aspects of her classroom. I'd like to think there is something positive to be said about ALL children, especially my own. I say that with many, many years of teaching experience and MANY very challenging children having graced my room. At graduation her exact words were, 'Well, I guess he's come a long way." Moving on...
For his part Reese is simply thrilled to be finally headed to kindergarten. It's been a long buildup for my little buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment