Monday, November 17, 2008

Never did I think

Little man has not napped well for me today. Sleep has come in short intervals and not in his bed. This lack of mobility has given me time to ponder my last few weeks at home. I have mixed emotions about going back to work. I love my job. It fufills me in a way that I wish everyone's job could, but I also love being at home. I get to see my sweet baby grow and change everyday. When we first got home it was long afternoon naps together in the bed. Now we have mornings full of talking (kind of) and almost smiles. These last six weeks have been amazing...

My pondering also led to this:

Never did I think I would bite someone else's fingernails and think that's totally normal and not at all gross

Never did I think I would be fine with someone's urine, snot, or spit-up in my hair, on my clothes, or down my chest

Never did I think I would cheer someone on as they try to burp and then issue a proud "good job" at their success

Never did I think I would be so glad to see a stinky diaper after a few days without one

Never did I think I would allow someone to scream at me for no reason

Never did I think I would take so many pictures of one person

Never did I think I would want someone to smile at me so badly

Never did I think I would appreciate my parents so much

Never did I think I would love my husband more than I did six weeks ago, and in such a new a profound way

Never did I think I would love someone so much, so fast

Thanks Reese, for everything you've taught me thus far. Our journey together is just beginning.

No comments: