Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cold

It's been cold in our house. And no, not your usual cold because it's cold outside cold. Our house has been bitter cold because on Wednesday our furnace finally kicked the bucket. We knew the time was soon coming-- it really didn't work very well last year either-- we just didn't want to have to buy a new one. Alas, with the addition of an adorable three month old to our family this winter, the time to buy the furnace was upon us.

Furnaces are much MUCH more expensive than Lofton and I ever anticipated. It took two margaritas on Thursday night for me to digest the cost. Yes, we went to dinner Thursday night. No we did not need to spend the money, BUT we also didn't have heat and Durango's did.

I wish I had thought to take a picture of our bunker Thursday night. The three of us huddled in our bedroom with ALL of Reese's supplies (including his crib) and two space heaters. Our room was actually quite comfortable. However, when I left the bedroom Friday morning to BOLT to the refrigerator and get Reese his breakfast, I glanced at the thermostat. It read a crisp 48 degrees. BRRRRR!!

No comments: