A year ago this week we had our 4D ultrasound. We saw his sweet little face, his balled up fists, and his adorable button nose. Of all the pictures, these look most like our Reese, even one year later.


Seeing his face we were filled with such anticipation. Who would this little boy be? So many of those questions are being answered as we enter this new phase of his life.
I have said this so many times {so yawn if you wish} but this new phase of parenthood is so different. Reese is moving and learning and testing the boundaries of his world. It is fun and frustrating all at the same time.
I would love to be able to carry him around, protect him from falling and bruising that pretty face, but it's impossible. He is a man on the move. In the blink of an eye he can be standing up on the couch or pulling open a drawer. We are in full baby proof mode.
I love to dissect Reese's personality and think about which of his traits come from Lofton and which come from me. He is easily frustrated and easily irritated {like me}, but curious and flirtatious like his daddy. To illustrate what a perfect mix of us he is; Reese sleeps on his belly with his butt in the air {like me}, BUT with his arms above his head and his feet crossed {like Lofton}.
My favorite part of the day is getting Reese out of the crib in the morning. When he looks at me with his sleepy grin and lifts those long arms, I melt.
Happy 3/4 of a year, little man! I'm so blessed to be your Mama.


3 comments:
so sweet! these boys, they do it to you dont they?
happy 9 months of parenting to YOU!
Wow, Elizabeth! I had to go back to 2008 and see his 1st month picture in the chair to compare. He is absolutely adorable! You and Lofton are so lucky to have a happy & healthy growing boy. I loved Tuesday's picture at the table too. He is such a big boy now :-D
Take Care.
Love,
Brittany
around reese's age he was mainly still on baby food, but i gradually let him try things like banana, strawberries, cheese, bread, gerber puffs, all soft things. then worked up to easy dishes to handle like chicken casserole, squash dressing, butter beans, stuff like that, all cut up.
and i did it all watching him VERY closely bc it took a long time for me to think he wasnt going to choke!
Post a Comment