Wednesday, July 22, 2009

wishing wells

I wish on pennies and stars. I pray nightly. I believe in miracles. And for the past few months I have hoped upon hope for all of my prayers and wishes to come true.


This is my dad. You may have seen him around here before.



Not only is he a great father and grandfather, but he is an amazing teacher as well. A third grade teacher to be precise. {Are you seeing a trend?}

The year before last, his school closed. Not because it did anything wrong. They were just a little fish in a big political pond and the cards didn't fall their way. My dad made a rash decision and took a teaching job at a school in the same hood {literally}. It has been a hard year. As a teacher myself, I know the importance of having friendly colleagues and a supportive administration. My dad had neither.

We have agonized over the right path for him to take. Move to middle school? Change professions? Suffer?

But finally, FINALLY our prayers have been answered. His former principal {the one from the school that closed} is at a different school across town. She called yesterday and offered him a job teaching third grade. He met with her this morning and enthusiastically accepted.

Thank you, Lord. We are so blessed!

No comments: