Wednesday, May 11, 2011

changes they are a coming...

I hate change.  HATE it.  Nothing about change is fun to me.  I don’t like to change my clothes, hate to change the laundry over from the washer to the dryer, and I despise changing the sheets on the bed.  All this to say—there are lots of things happening at the Time Well Wasted house.  Some are scary, some are exciting, some are just annoying {i.e. the toddler’s behavior}.  All of them combined are causing me a lack of sleep, a tad bit of lock jaw, and a lack of fodder for the blog. My apologies.

A few nuggets to tide you over:

I was remiss in blogging about the pups’ birthdays this weekend.  Raleigh turned six on Sunday and Jake turned nine on Monday.  Amazing coincidence, I know.  Thing 1 and Thing 2 have been up to their usual antics of digging, scratching, and shedding hair all over my house.  It’s nice to have the consistency of their behavior.  You can always count on Raleigh to be dehydrated at 2:00 am -- and in need of a full toilet bowl -- and her constant companion to be licking his feet.  Yes, our bedroom is rarely peaceful during the wee morning hours.  That could explain some of my sleep issues.

Potty training is still going strong.  I’ve pulled back on the treat giving a little.  Now Reese only gets treats when he initiates going; if we have to MAKE him go, no treats.  I just felt like chasing him around the house and then pulling him out from the dining table by his feet negated the giving on gummy treats.  He’s doing well with the change but I will say that when he says “I got to potty now!”, he really means it.  We wear big boy undies at home and I think that makes it much easier for him to know when he’s got to go.  Last night he even went for the first time in public.  We tried to make him go Friday night at relay for life, but when I took him in the porta potty he said, “Dis gross.  I no go in here.”  Can’t blame him for that...

Reese’s attitude is also going strong.  Lofton went with me to pick him up from school yesterday and Reva was there to greet us.  Shoot.  It appears our son, when told to lie down for his nap, replied something to the effect of, “No YOU lay down and take nap.”  Oh brother.  Needless to say there were tears, and some leg popping, and then some more tears when we got home {I wouldn’t let him have his afternoon fruit snacks}.  In fact, he even cried AGAIN this morning when I reminded him of what would happen if Mama has to leave work and drive up to school.

And lastly, we have decided to sell our house.  We’ve been toying with the idea for awhile, but finally made a decision about two weeks ago.  It’s not officially on the market yet, but if you know someone looking to buy a historic 1910, two bedroom/two bathroom, 2200 square foot, fully re-finished hardwood floor home—shoot me a message.

Oh, and lest we forget what is happening this weekend: Bon Jovi!  Lofton and I will be livin on a prayer in Atlanta! Woop! Woop!

1 comment:

Morgan Sport said...

Wait--I thought this was the "forever" house?!? Are you staying in Opelika or moving to Auburn?