Wednesday, June 8, 2011

zero for two

Reese has gone to school a wee bit this week.  He attended for a grand total of three hours yesterday and again today.  This brief dalliance allows a weary Mama to exercise, run some quick errands, and enjoy the peace and quiet of no one jabbering in the car.

Unfortunately, Reese decided to stir up some mischief at school this week and Lofton and I are a bit perplexed about what to do.

Yesterday, Doodle sat in time out because he scratched a little girl's face for no reason.  And y'all, he REALLY scratched it.  His teacher and I both asked him why, and of course he had no reason.  He actually told me, "Cause I just want to."

Today, after dropping him off and spending extra time discussing good and expected school behaviors, he decided to throw his shoes and socks over the playground fence.  Then once Reva retrieved them he wouldn't put them back on.  Obviously he had to sit out from playing because it isn't safe to be on the playground without shoes.  I asked him if he enjoyed sitting in time out again and he said, "I not care."

At least he has stayed dry both days at school.  That's success, right?

No comments: