Thursday, June 30, 2011

pausing for air

Lofton and I have had lots of long conversations lately about our "life" goals.  Jobs, houses, families, money-- deep topics have been discussed, ideas have been thrown around, plans have been put into action.  Being an adult is hard.

Obviously Lofton made a career change; part out of anger and frustration, but also partly because he wanted something different for himself than BFS wanted for him.  Then we decided to go ahead and put our house on the market just to see. We've batted around some ideas for what we'd like to do, but it was all hypothetical. And truthfully, the Beasley family is in a bit of an economic recession right now so our choices are limited.

All this to say, Lofton started his new job yesterday.  I was more than ready to get him out from under my feet, and although he was nervous, he had a wonderful day.  I think Russell is the perfect fit for him AND for us.

In the midst of the job excitement, we also accepted an offer on our house.  It is a bit of a shock to us, as well.  I mean, really, six days on the market??? BUT, we always said to each other it would take a special kind of buyer to love this house.  Evidently the woman who is buying it REALLY loves it.  She has been looking for a house like ours for a long time.  I'm sad to leave this house behind because it holds so many memories for us, but happy to be selling to someone who I know will love and appreciate it too.

Look how far we've come:
Summer 07
And now:
Summer 11
If all goes according to plan, we'll be out by the end of July.  Cassie has volunteered to help me pack.  She the best friend a girl could ask for :) I'm sure she'd like some help, though, so if you have a burning desire to assist, shoot me a message.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I tried commenting on your last post, but I don't think it posted. I would love to help you move, it's such an annoying task. Let me know the dates!
I can't believe your house sold in 6 days... That's crazy!

Oh, and I want to try that iced coffee recipe... Are you a fan??