Tuesday, July 5, 2011

hodgepodge

It's no secret our current life is a whirlwind.  The job switch, the house selling, and now the moving.  With moving comes packing and I hate packing.


Oh I hate it.

I've set a goal to pack one room per day.  We have eight rooms {plus an attic & shed, but those are Lofton's responsibility} so that makes it more manageable.  Mentally at least.

Today I packed the dining room.  All the china, crystal, silver, and linens were wrapped and stuffed securely in boxes.  I had to fend off the naked toddler in the process because he wanted to help {duh!}.  Umm... my wedding china plus his clumsy self?  NO thanks.

handy man attire: goggles, gloves, mesh bag full of tools & undies
In the midst of all the chaos we welcomed my whole crew to town for the fourth.  My parents, Jackson and a friend {Mary}, plus my aunt and her entourage came to town for a visit.  We partied at the lake Sunday.  It was our second foray into a mingled family celebration, and we quite enjoyed it.  Reese delights in the blended family festivities more than anyone.  Both sets of grandparents in one place?  That's a no brainer.

competitive games
peeing off the rocks
fireworks
Reese was {and is}, unfortunately, a tad bit under the weather.  He seems to have come down with what we hope is a lingering fever virus.  Boo on that.  We sent a stool sample to the hospital for testing-- to rule out ecoli from the splash park-- but we have yet to hear back.  He is still not up to snuff, so no school this week. He's real broken up about it.

Tomorrow I tackle the front room.  And the appraiser is coming.  {Deep sigh.}

No comments: