Tuesday, July 19, 2011

i hate public meltdowns

Who needs a good Reese story to kick start their Tuesday?  Umm, okay.

First of all you need a wee bit of back story to appreciate this one.  Friday, oh Friday.  Friday morning was a train wreck at the Beasley house {and with the exception of Cassie arriving Friday afternoon was pretty horrid too}.  First of all, I realized that our credit card number had been jacked.  Yes.  To the tune of almost 1000 dollars and lots of overseas charges.  Do you know what a pain it is to deal with the credit card people?  After that disastrous start I should have just called it a day BUT I really needed a few things from the grocery.  Reese and I loaded up and headed to Publix.

While in route he asked if he could have a treat.  To which I replied that if he was super sweet we could get some new Popsicles.  That request lasted about 2.4 seconds because he spotted cupcakes as soon as we entered the store.  {I mean really Publix? I'm not stupid.  I know what you're up to.} We re-negotiated our deal: cupcakes in lieu of Popsicles and set off through the store.

At this point I can only surmise that some type of evil demon overtook Reese's body because he lost his toddler marbles.  There was yelling, kicking, throwing things out of the buggy, and even some spiteful nose picking.  As we approached the eggs, I very calmly told him that he had one chance to get himself together or there would be no cupcakes.  Well, he kicked me again.

Out of the buggy the cupcakes went.  Right there in the egg section.  I'm sure you can gather what happened next so I'll spare you the deats..... Let's just establish that it was ugly.

So YESTERDAY we made yet another Publix run for some essentials {i.e., stuff to make cookies, yogurt, and frozen pizza-- don't judge}.  When we got to the egg section of the store Reese sweetly says, "Mama, where are the cupcakes?"  I obviously look clueless because he says again, "The bad cupcakes Mama."  Oh those cupcakes!  I tell him, "I guess someone put them up." Reese then says, "Cause they weren't sweet?"  Well kind of.  He continues, "so they had to go back to the mama and daddy-o cupcakes?"

Oh child, you both entertain and exhaust me.

{Especially considering that I had carried the forty pound sack of potatoes through the parking lot in the heat of the day because he insisted his legs "not work no more."  Why?  According to Reese he shot a big bear in his room and it bit his leg.  Bonus points for being so clever!}

No comments: