On to the bookshelves!
Our new house came blessed with built in bookshelves.
They are pretty standard:
We replaced the knobs when we moved in, but have yet to change the hinges. Then I got this wild hair to do something about the "whiteness." I had seen somewhere in the blog-a-sphere a picture of burlap backed bookshelves. We batted around the how-to's of doing that for a while, but then decided burlap was still too blah. I wanted pop.
Enter Martha.
We purchased a gallon of Martha Stewart's metallic "kelp green" paint. It's pretty stunning in person. A deep olive-green with hints of gold.
Lofton, however, knows I change my mind like I change underwear so he didn't want me to actually paint the bookshelves. He smartly came up with a plan for using furniture grade plywood pieces. The shelves pop out and he had to do some minor cutting, but then the plywood went right in. Now when I decide I'm over the green I can just take out the plywood. That smart and handy husband of mine! What did I ever do without him?
It really a pretty stunning transformation. I love how the stuff on the bookshelves stands out. The metallic paint gives it just enough sass and pop for me!
And the extra paint is being used in the most amazing bathroom transformation ever....
Stay tuned.



2 comments:
That Lofton is just so smart and handy! What a guy. Shelves looks great...you are on a roll with paint color selection.
What a crafty lady you are! Glad to see all is well with you and your too cute family!
Post a Comment