Tuesday, September 20, 2011

joyful moments and changes in attitude


Life is hectic these days.  And hard.  Really hard.  I think when things aren’t going your way it’s easy to fall into a robotic routine of daily activities without stopping to enjoy any of the moments.

With that being said, I’ve been trying to do better. 
  • Enjoying waking Reese up in the morning by taking a few extra minutes to lay with him and snuggle- check
  •  Taking time to give my sweet husband an extra hug and kiss before we scoot off to work- check.
  • Email check-ins with said husband throughout the day- check
  • Laughing at the sweet babies I'm blessed to spend seven plus hours a day with- check
  • Phone call to my favorite Mama after school to unwind, vent, and just let.it.all.out- check
  • Singing Taylor Swift at the top of our lungs on the way home from daycare because Reese knows all the words- check
  • Relishing in amazing blessings for sweet friends- double check

I will enjoy this season in our lives.  Change is hard.  And stressful.  And overwhelming.  So, so overwhelming.  But it is just that, a season.  There will be another. 

Our sweet baby is growing and changing so fast.  Too fast.  I want to stop time RIGHT NOW.  I literally cannot believe in less than two weeks he will be three.  But since time continues on, I will enjoy these moments with him.  

today

No comments: