Sunday, October 2, 2011

happy birthday to you

Reese-

There are so many things Mama wants to remember about you being two.  The wonder, the curiosity, the sass.  You fascinate and amaze me everyday.  You also make me so immensely proud.  What a smart, sweet, and funny little boy you are becoming.  The words and stories that come out of that adorable mouth keep your Daddy-O and I in stitches.

one
Your curls, bright blue-gray eyes, and plump cheeks mesmorize everyone who meets you.  We literally go nowhere that we aren't stopped by a stranger who wants to comment on how cute you are.  It delights my heart.

We read a book every night before you go to bed.  Sometimes two.  Reading is your favorite activity.  A close second is building with your blocks.  Your favorite books are: A Very Hungry Caterpillar, Ten Little Caterpillars, The Pirates Go to School, and Go Dog Go. In fact, you can read Go Dog Go to me.  You've been learning your letters at school, and trying to write them, too.  Your teachers are working hard with you on being still long enough to write.  You aren't one for patience.

two
Speaking of school, your favorite friends are Thayer, Rankin, Ella, and Emma Kate.  You four have been together for over a year now.  Every afternoon you hug them all before we leave school.  It warms my heart to see you love your friends so much.  Your teachers say you are so sweet and helpful during the day.  You do not, however, enjoy napping at school.  One day you had to be put in time out because instead of napping you were making pooting noises.  When I asked you why you told me "cause it is so funny, Mama!"  Your Daddy and I know this is just the first of many times your desire to be the center of attention will get you in trouble.

This year has had it's challenges.  You fell right after your second birthday and scared poor Mama to death.  A few days later you got Salmonella.  In April, we spent two days in the hospital because you got a nasty virus that dehydrated you.  You were so, so sick.  I've never been so scared.  How about this year we just stay well?

When I tuck you in bed at night {with Mr. Rabbit, Peter Rabbit, and Leo} you remind me to say your prayers.  You sweetly say them with me each night and then say special prayers for special people:  Your Emo and Buck, Mimi and Big Daddy, Aunt Cassie and Uncle Hugh, the puppy dogs, and even Emo's kitty cats.  You have such a loving heart.  I pray your Daddy and I can help guide you and keep you this joyful as you get older.

I'm constantly amazed at how much I love you.  I never knew my heart could grow this big.  You are, with out a doubt, my most favorite thing.  Your Daddy says we're best friends.  He's right.  And together the three of us make the most perfect family.

three!
Happy 3rd birthday, sweet boy.  I love you to the moon and back.

1 comment:

Erin said...

happy birthday reesey!