Thursday, October 6, 2011

oh october, not again

Damn you October.  Why do you hate us so much?

2008- Glorious because Reese was born, yet horrific because I was so sick.
2009- The beginning of our ear infection saga.
2010- Head injury + salmonella.  Need I say more?

And now, October of 2011, poor Boo has a stomach virus.  I knew he was puny when we got him up this morning, but truthfully every morning this week has been a nightmare.  He wasn't warm in a feverish way so we shipped him off to daycare.  And not thirty minutes later Lofton called to say he was pretty sure they'd be calling within the hour... Reese was on a downhill slide. A nasty tummy virus has been running rampant at daycare so I knew it was only a matter of time.

I started frantically writing sub plans, organizing work for my kids, and then headed toward Auburn.  Unfortunately I didn't make it in time.  He had gotten sick.  On the floor.  He pitifully told me he tried to make it to the potty.  Bless him.

Luckily, my car is ground zero for random crap.  I had two towels that I covered him up with for the ride home.  Can I say that the ten minute drive felt like ten hours?  I knew I was racing the clock....

We made it to the driveway before he got sick again.  My poor shoes will never be the same.

And now we are in full disinfect while comforting the baby mode.


I learned from my parents that pallets on the floor make everything feel better, so we are chill-axin with some Handy Manny and our plastic bucket.  just.in.case. And I know this is wrong, but I find it totally heart melting that Reese keeps saying, "Oh no Mama! I think I need to bah-mit {i.e., vomit}." Literally every time he gets sick.

Poor little boo :( Fingers are crossed that this is short lived.

1 comment:

Erin said...

oh no!!! I hate to hear this! he does look pretty cute on his pallet though. hope he's better soon!