Monday, November 12, 2012

lebron and santa

Flu be damned, Lofton and I headed up I-85 Friday toward Atlanta for a night away.

We went to Atlantic Station first to grab lunch and wander around.  It's always a little odd to be hanging out just us, but we made do.  After checking in to our hotel, we quickly got dolled up and had a few of these--


Before heading to Philips Arena to see this guy--


The King himself, Lebron James.  

Lofton loves basketball.  In fact, I have many memories of watching the NBA playoffs between the Lakers and the Pistons when we first started dating.  Lebron is his favorite player, hands down.  It's always been a dream of his to see Lebron play, and well, my mom is in the business of making dreams come true.

The game was great.  We were lucky to be surrounded by lots of other Heat fans, but really, who cheers for the Hawks?  No one from what we could tell.

The next morning, after a night of no sleep {am I seriously the only person in America who hates hotels?}, we had a yummy breakfast and booked it back to our little man.  He spent the night at home with Miss Haley {my intern}.  They ate chick-a-lay, watched Madagascar 3, painted a picture of Lightening McQueen, and played football at six in the morning.  I'd venture to say I wasn't missed at all.

While we're on the subject of dreams coming true, Reese has realized that Christmas time's a coming.  We've discussed, informally, some gift ideas.  Until today, his list consisted of fruit snacks and a watch. On our way to lunch, however, that evidently changed. 

"Mama, I think I'd like Santa to bring me a computer.  Like an I-Pad like Emo's.  And maybe a phone where I can touch the screen."  

My reply?  Oh okay, Reese.  You know what Mama wants Santa to bring her?  A four year old to replace the fourteen year old riding in my backseat.

And so it begins...

No comments: