It was a beautiful and festive few days, that for us, started with a ride through Narnia.
Reese and I thought the impromptu blizzard was fun and exciting. Lofton, the driver, not so much. Evidently icy roads are stressful and dangerous.
Regardless, we made it to my grandmother safely. We had a short visit at the hospital, then regrouped and headed toward Madison. Have I mentioned that Reese wants to live in a hotel? Preferably one with a heated pool? To say he was happy would be an understatement.
Thursday night we had dinner at my aunt's house and relaxed with the bride and groom. We then headed back to the hotel where my mom and Reese engaged in a stinky sock fight. Yes, you read that correctly.
Friday morning, mama and I hosted the bridesmaid brunch. It was negative ten degrees outside and we arranged flowers in the car. Otherwise, everything was perfect!
This girl was the happiest, most relaxed bride I've ever seen. Makes my heart smile! Sweet Lofton flew solo while Mama and I spent the day helping with last minute wedding tasks. Poor guy spent three hours in an over-chlorinated indoor pool.
Friday night was the rehearsal. Did I mention Reese was the ring bearer? Yet another layer of excitement. He almost burst.
| buck taught him a new party trick |
| during her daddy's toast |
![]() |
| snapped this with my phone and it's seriously my favorite picture of her |
The reception deserves a whole post to itself. Mainly because I have a really entertaining video to share. Stay tuned for that...
And then it was over. And yesterday we had to make the six hour drive home. With a child who spent most of the ride like this:
Exhausted and cranky from a jam packed weekend. He fell asleep about the time we passed Exit 52, the Auburn exit. Awesome. I just transferred him to his bed and he napped until five. So thankful we both had today off from school to rest and regroup.




No comments:
Post a Comment