Tuesday, January 1, 2013

welcoming 2013

And with one little clock strike, 2013 begins!

I, for one, am a wee bit glad to see 2012 go.  Although there were some really great moments, there were also a lot of not so great moments.  Do you remember my word for 2012?  It was present.  And God, with his continual sense of humor, made sure I followed through.  Nothing like being reminded that life is precious to help you live your word.

My word for this year is intentional.  I'm going to continue to be intentional with my time, but also with my words.  It's a lofty goal for my big mouth! Moving on...

I celebrated a milestone Saturday; turning the big 3-0. Lofton had lots of surprises up his sleeve for me.


The best of them being this little nugget.

There was also a fun and festive dinner with our favorite friends.


My favorite little family, hands down. 

Today we start anew.  We began our day with homemade doughnuts.  There are also peas cooking away and greens to be cleaned.  Silly traditions that we love to celebrate.  

And there's this little guy--


We had family movie night Sunday and watched The Amazing Spiderman.  Since then Reese has been a web-shooting, furniture jumping superhero.  Adorable and busy and loud.  That's what being four is all about.

Happy New Year, friends! Tomorrow it's back to the real world...



1 comment:

Catherine said...

So happy to celebrate another year of my best friend in her actual presence this year! Love you so much.