Thursday, February 21, 2013

full of life

I recently read an article about stopping the glorification of busy, so I'm not going to say that's what we've been. Nope, not busy.  But our days have been full of life.

This past weekend my parents came to keep Reese so that Lofton and I could go to Montgomery for a night out with friends.  Holland, a high school buddy of Lofton's, is a member of what we like to call a secret society.  Without going into a lot of details {because, duh, it's a secret}, we got dressed up and had a ball.


Why is putting on a pretty dress so much fun?  And my husband in a tux?  I was a smitten college freshman all over again.

Reese is keeping us on our toes.  All full of questions and stories.

How do ants build tunnels?  Can I be spiderman when I grow up?  No, I think I want to be an orange ninja turtle when I grow up. They are really fast. Will you read me a book?  What's for dinner? Did you know that a penny is worth one and a quarter is worth twenty five?

It goes on and on.


He's also sounding out words like a champ.  Since teaching is my day job, I'm trying to let this phonics thing progress on it's own.  He still has another year of pre-k to conquer, after all.  This weekend he spelled Emo without any help.

I really struggle with wanting to bottle him up.  I believe it was Cassie who coined the term "happysad" and that is what this stage of life is to me.  Lots of happy with a tinge of sad!

1 comment:

Caroline Bobo said...

You look so beautiful in that pic! Glad y'all had a fun night away! Reese is getting so big!!