Wednesday, February 6, 2013

home project:: laundry room

I think when last we left the laundry room it was post-apocalypse.  As in the dogs had eaten through the drywall through to my bedroom.

It's been a long haul getting things back to functioning.  Mainly because my handsome, DIY husband also works a full time job.  And there was duck hunting season.  And Christmas.

But things are looking great.  And while I won't say I desire to do laundry {because if I did you should immediately have me committed}, I will say that the time I spend washing clothes is much more enjoyable now.

The room is small so taking pictures was a bit difficult.  Enjoy your tour::






- The floor was a cost effective substitute for the hex tile I originally wanted.  We used a greige grout.

- Lofton built the shelf to go above the washer using some corbels I had to have. The shelf holds my glass containers of laundry detergent, a basket with our bounce dryer bars plus other little things, and a picture of my favorite boy.

- The built in shelves at the end of the room didn't start that way.  There was a small alcove {it backs up to my closet} and Lofton framed it out to make it more symmetrical.  The green is actually a more olive toned color, although it didn't photograph that way.  I'm toying with buying a curtain to cover the shelves, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

- The wall color is a perfect blue/gray/green.  I love it.  We kept the original bead board ceiling.  The light fixtures were a super awesome Lowe's score.

I still need either some hooks, or a rack of some type, for hanging clean clothes.  There's an empty space next to the washer just waiting for me to make a decision.  And I need something on the walls.  But I'm not sure what type of art screams for the laundry room.  

I'm so happy to have a functioning washer and dryer again.  And I'm happy the drywall dust is no longer dirtying our floors.  And I can promise, with absolute certainty, that the dogs will never stay in here.  Ever.

No comments: