Wednesday, August 27, 2014

JLB {two months}

Our Jack is two months old.  The days fly by and life with him as a piece of our puzzle just keeps getting better.  We all agree he is the sweetest addition to our family.


Month two has brought lots of changes and adventures.

We have continued to try and follow a daily schedule.  I've found that it helps Jack sleep more consistently at night-- always a plus.  I use Mom's on Call {with the exception of the swaddling component} and if I follow the schedule they've laid out he does wonderfully.  Currently we are using the 8-16 week schedule. Our days begin with a 6:30 feeding.  He then eats 5-6 ounces every three hours or so with two good naps thrown in.  There's usually a cat nap or two in there as well, but they aren't nearly as consistent.  In the afternoon, he gets a bottle around 4:00, a snack at 6:00, and then bath and a bedtime bottle around 7:30.  We've followed this schedule for three days now with relative success.  Friday night he slept from 8:00-6:20, Saturday night he woke up at 4:00 for a snack but then easily went back to sleep, and Sunday night he slept from 8:00- 6:30.  He woke up fussy around 2:00 but a little patting {and reinserting the pacifier} and we were good to go.  Lofton would say I'm obsessive about the following the schedule, but as I tell him the schedule works.

Emo came at the beginning of August to keep the boys so I could work in my classroom.  It was the first time I left Jack for any length of time.  He did great, I cried on the way to work.  We also had a visit this month from Aunt Linda and then an overnight visit with Cassie and Penelope.  Before Reese started school, he worked as my assistant and we practiced getting out a few times without Lofton.  I try to work our errands around Jack's feeding and nap times so no outing lasts too long.  We've been to Target, Publix, and the post office.  I wear him in the baby wrap every time.  My cuddly baby loves to snuggle up and more often than not snoozes.  Our favorite errand to run is a daily one; picking up big brother from school.  We've also been out to eat a few times this month.  Jack either sleeps or just contently looks around.

Jack also went to church for the first time this month.  He stays with me, not in the nursery, but basically just sleeps like a champ right on through service.  Dream baby.  Jack also took two car trips this month.  One to Buck and Emo's house and the other to Atlanta.  Both trips he slept almost the entire time.  Reese was a horrible car rider, so I was prepared for the worst, but aside from a few fussy moments right around nap time Jack was perfect.

Our reflux is improving and with the combination of Similac Sensitive for Spit Up and Zantac we seem to have it under control. I'm hoping sometime between twelve and sixteen weeks he'll outgrow it, but with the stomach issues both my other boys have I'm not holding my breath.

My favorite part of month two has been Jack cooing and talking.  His voice still surprises him sometimes, but it is sweet music to this mama's ears.  Big brother likes to chat with him, too.  In addition to the baby coos, Jack has started smiling.  He smiles out of the side of his mouth like a certain five year old used to do.  I melt. He's started kicking his legs and waving his arms around when he gets excited, can hold his head up for extended periods of time, and has really started focusing on objects and people.  I call him my deep thinker because when he's really staring at someone his brow furrows.  He continues to be such a laid back baby and a complete mama's boy.

I would say with confidence that month two is where we hit our stride.  I know there is lots of change coming our way {hello going back to work in two weeks}, but for now we've hit a sweet spot.

Stats:
Weight-- 13 lbs, 8 ozs. {94%}
Height-- 23 and 3/4 inches {85%}
Head Circumference: 16 and 1/2 inches {95%}
Wearing-- 3 to 6 month clothes //plus a few 6 month onsies, size 2 diapers 


No comments: