Monday, November 10, 2014

Rosemary Beach

This summer I had a great idea to take a family beach trip for Fall Break.  Reese loves the beach and was admittedly disappointed that we didn't get to go this summer.  October at the beach is my absolute favorite so I booked a place in Rosemary Beach without a second thought.


 And I'm so glad I did.

It was the perfect trip and at just the right time.  The weather was amazing-- hot enough for Reese to swim but not so hot that Jack couldn't be on the beach.  We rented an umbrella both days and doll baby napped like a champ.  We stayed in a one bedroom carriage house that was maybe a 1/4 mile from the beach.  It was a great set-up for us as we don't need a lot of room.  The living room had a pull out couch but Reese preferred sleeping in the king size bed with us.  Of course.


We made one quick grocery trip for necessities and then didn't need the car again.  We were able to walk everywhere-- the beach, dinner, the pool-- pushing Jack in the bob stroller.  It really was such a relaxing and enjoyable vacation.  Lofton and I were a little unsure of what to expect with an almost four month old, but he did great.  Reese is always a champ about rolling with Jack's schedule, but he really got ample time playing in the sand and had no complaints when it was time to head back to the house for lunch or a nap.


Lofton and I are already thinking of a time we can go back.

No comments: