Wednesday, November 26, 2014

JLB {five months}

This picture cracks me up.


Jack is literally the most pleasant baby I've ever encountered.. except the moment I took this picture. Such is life, though.

Month five included much of the same for our sweet babe.  Eating and sleeping like babies do :)

This month brought more mobility which did interrupt his sleep briefly, but we are back on track now.  He likes to scoot all over his crib and would then get frustrated when he couldn't get back to his sleeping spot.  We finally just stopped playing his game {seriously I would go in and he'd be laying on his back back smiling in the middle of the night} and he seems to have worked out his issues.

He can now roll not just from his front to his back, but also from back to front.  The first few times he rolled it was in an attempt to get closer to Reese, his favorite person, but now he does it regularly.

Reese makes this kid laugh like no other.  Jack is the happiest when Reese is right next to him.  This works out well as our oldest is a born entertainer.  Jack doesn't find me nearly as amusing, but continues to be his most content when perched on my hip.

Our daily schedule has stayed pretty much the same.  He wakes up around six and goes to bed around seven.  His naps aren't super predictable but he's generally so happy that it doesn't matter.  And if being a non-predictable napper is a trade off for good nighttime sleep, I'm fine with that.

We tried introducing rice cereal and that was a bust.  I don't have strong feelings about him eating it so we just moved on.

Knock on wood, we haven't been to the doctor {at least for this child} since his four month shots so I don't have an updated weight.  He's wearing primarily nine month clothes, with a few twelve month longalls to accommodate his stride length.  Still in size three diapers :)

No comments: