Sunday, February 17, 2008

Time flies...

The weekends go too fast! We had a wonderful (but short) visit with my three favorite people this weekend. Nothing like a visit from the Buckley’s to pep me up.

Mom and I ran some errands yesterday. I had to find some flats to replace the ones I borrowed (or stole) from sweet Autumn. Standing in heels all day is hurting my feet. Anyway I found some replacements as Belk’s. Seventeen dollars, what a steal!

Not a bargain however are the “Preggie Pops” I bought in an attempt to lessen my queasiness. A bag of six randomly flavored suckers was like ten dollars. I know, it’s only ten dollars, and really I didn’t pay for them my mom did, but still, they’re suckers. (I totally sound like Rice, don’t I? He doesn't like to pay more than ten dollars for a nice shirt!)



This is what the website claims, “Preggie Pops are naturally flavored and specially formulated lollipops made for pregnant women. For generations, women have sought out certain natural therapies to ease morning sickness. As healthcare professionals, we have developed a solution: convenient, delicious, high quality and all natural lollipops. Preggie Pops offer relief via a combination of essential oils, aromatherapy and our unique delivery system. In addition, our Preggie Pops alleviate dry mouth, provide quick calories and energy during labor, and are an overall soothing and comforting way to address the needs of pregnant women. Preggie Pops are also drug free and healthcare provider recommended.”

I was looking for a miracle cure, but alas, I don’t think there is one.

Tomorrow starts another week of work. I’m debating telling my kids the news. I feel like I’m holding out on them!

More to come later…

No comments: