Having a baby has made me very scatterbrained. I read somewhere that it's normal to become forgetful when you are pregnant, I just didn't realize it would continue seven months after birth.
Friday afternoon, Bunky fell asleep in the car on the way home from school. This is a unusual occurrence. On a normal day, I cart him, my computer, his diaper bag, and my purse into the house at one time. Since he was out cold in his seat, I grabbed my things and lugged them into the kitchen, then ran back outside to grab him from the car. Just as I reached to door, the car doors re-locked. Fantastic safety mechanism if someone is about to break in your car and rob/kill you, not so fantastic when you're about to reach for your baby.
I panicked. A million things raced through my mind at once. Do I break a car window? Call Lofton? The police? How soon do kid's overheat? Then I realized the keys were fifteen feet away... still in the back door. So I just walked over and unlocked the car again.
Whew. Crisis averted.
1 comment:
You crack me up! I am not nearly as "together" as I used to be either. Glad you didn't have to break a car window or something. :)
Post a Comment