This year has been a race. I started in August in a full sprint, trying to get everything organized and arranged before I left on leave. I returned in December in much the same way. I was racing to catch up on what I missed in my eight week absence, and literally racing everyday from the building to go pick up my precious cargo from across town.
I’m tired. I come home everyday exhausted. It’s hard to leave Reese every morning to come to work. Part of me wishes I was home. And then the other part of me wishes exactly the opposite. I love my job, and I feel like before I had the baby I could give work 110%. I have not been a 110% teacher this year. Depending on the day I’m may have been only giving 40 or 50%.
I know I’ve done my job, I just know that I haven’t done my BEST job. I’ve been blessed with an amazing class this year. God really took care of me in that aspect. But, as wonderful as this group of kids has been, I’m ready for a new crop of kids. I want a blank slate to train and to teach and to prepare for the next grade.
And I’m SO ready for long summer days. Lofton is already in a bad mood because I’m about to be home for two months. I’ve pointed out {more than once} that actually I am only paid to work nine months, my check is just divided across twelve months. It doesn’t seem to pacify him though.
I’m ready to enjoy mornings with Reese, not just hurry through feeding and getting dressed so I can rush out the door. I want to play in the mornings, and go on walks, and feed him his oatmeal for breakfast. I’m ready to be the person who rocks him to sleep for his naps. I’m ready to have play dates with friends {SHoUt oUt to Rush and Sydney Frances} and playtime in the pool. This baby is going to be a sun-loving water baby!
We joke at school that a teacher’s favorite day during the summer is Sunday, because they don’t have to go to work on Monday. I’m ready for my ten Sunday’s. T-minus one day to go!
2 comments:
E- you have been a great teacher this year. When you have children of your own, there is a priority shift-- as there should be! Of course, your family comes first, but it doesn't mean you can't be a great teacher, too! This year has felt a little off for me, too, but I am sure it because of all of the new things we have going on at home and the fact that we had a maternity leave mixed in with this school year. The great thing about teaching is that next year is fresh start! Looking forward to this summer!
look at that cutie! bennett has that outfit too. great to find you on here! looks like all is well :) and yes, i actually have an etsy store for the aprons, just dont have anything listed yet. i plan on listing it when i have time to make a few!
good luck!
Post a Comment