She is my favorite friend. I love her more than anything. A comforting ear, a sounding board for advice, and wise about so many things. Marriage, friends, babies—she knows it all.

As an only child for twelve years I garnered my share of parental attention, even after Jackson was born. Parenting a teenager and a toddler simultaneouly probably wasn't easy; but I can honestly say I've never not liked my mom. She is my favorite shopping partner {not just because she pays} and my favorite cook.
When Reese was born, my mom stayed for over a week. Leaving work is no big deal for her, but leaving my dad and Jackson was. There were lots of tears that week. But the boys suffered through and I could not have made it without her.
I always wondered what she would be like as a grandmother. I don’t have a lot of grandmother experience. My dad’s mom died when I was first born, and my maternal grandmother lives in Mississippi. After a year of "Nonna-ing", I know.

My little man is captivated with his Nonna. I’m not sure if it’s the similarities in our voices and mannerisms, or if he is able to remember those first few days at home with her taking care of him. Whatever the cause, he is enamored by her. His face lights up whenever he hears her voice.
She gives Jackson and I a hard time because whenever we had to write about a parent for school we always picked our Dad. But at the end of the day she is the glue that holds our little Buckley family together. We’d be lost without her.
Happy Birthday, Mama. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment