We were travelers this weekend, heading to LaGrange on Friday for the Hobbs-Hutchinson wedding festivities. Sally picked Lofton up Friday morning and little man and I hopped on the road once my school day was done.
Reese stayed with Sally and Lee Friday night while Lofton and I attended the rehearsal dinner. Traveling makes me a tad bit anxious. If you are a frequent reader you know my sweet boy doesn't sleep well away from home.
Fortunately he did FANTASTIC sleeping on the crib mattress at Mimi's house. He and Mimi slept later than Lofton and I did. Then we loaded Reese back in the car and met Rich on the interstate for a baby exchange.
Rich and Ashley, fabulous god parents that they are, volunteered to keep Reese all day Saturday and Saturday night. I'm still a little hesitant to leave Reese with a stranger as a babysitter, so this was the perfect solution.
I'm told he had a packed afternoon full of lunch at Niffers, shopping for his birthday present, and naps during football. He even slept through the night again last night.
Lofton and I had a wonderful and wet time at the wedding. Rain does not even begin to describe the weather last night. The wedding was originally intended to be outside, but that plan had to be scrapped. It was instead held in a large room at Oak Hurst outside LaGrange.
Sally and Lee were my dates. We made the trek out to Oak Hurst in a torrential downpour, complete with lightning, thunder, and winds in excess of 60 mph. I had to RUN into the wedding in my heels to escape the rain. Luckily we arrived at the perfect time. God must have known my dress was silk; the downpour turned to a drizzle just as Lee dropped us off.
Aside from the weather, the wedding was beautiful. Brittany was a gorgeous bride, Spencer looked so handsome, and we had a great time seeing old friends.

{This is not the best picture we've ever taken-- but it's all we got. My arm looks enormous}
We jumped out of bed this morning and raced back to Auburn. I was anxious to see my little man. His sweet face lit up when he saw me-- and Lofton and I have been on the receiving end of lots of hugs and kisses today.
No comments:
Post a Comment