Tomorrow starts teacher appreciation day at Reese's school. There is a theme for each day-- sweet treats is first. Keeping in mind our limited finances, and the fact that he has multiple teachers, I needed to be both clever and thrifty.
I hit the nail on the head {isn't that the saying???} if I do say so myself.
First up, Lofton ran to Target for supplies: miniature candy bars, lunch bags, and ribbon.
Next, I crafted a poem. It goes like this:
If I had a million dollars,
I'd increase your payday by a ton!
You help take care of me at school
And we have lots and lots of fun!
My piggy bank is empty though,
And all I have to gift--
Is lots of love and kisses,
I hope they give your day a lift!
May your morning be filled with laughter,
Snickers, smiles, and cheer.
And your afternoons with all the same,
we're so glad your such a dear!
Love,
Your Reese's Cup
I printed the poem on full sheet labels, cut it out with crazy scissors, and stuck it on lunch bags. Then I punched holes in the top of the bags, filled them with mini Payday bars, Hershey kisses, Snickers, and Reese's cups, and tied the tops with yellow ribbon.
It took a lot out of me! But I'm impressed with my non-craft self. Not sure what I'm going to due Tuesday... Wednesday... or Thursday {Friday I have to take a salad for the luncheon}, but at least we are off to a sweet start!
What do you think?
Oh and Lofton is working on a new computer desk that is going to require me to use fabric, a staple gun, and glue! Next up-- a yummy fall recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment