Friday, March 19, 2010

hello mister sunshine

This Spring Break weather has been the pits. I suppose that's fitting considering Reese has been pretty pitiful himself this week. But finally, FINALLY it was warm and sunny today. The perfect day to run some errands and play outside.

I kept Boo-Boo on the move today despite his window rattling cough { really he is much, MUCH better}. We went to Lowes this morning and bought some plants for the porch. I'm not much on getting dirt under my nails, but I knew waiting for Lofton to plant for me was a hopeless cause.


I think Reese and I did a pretty fabulous job.




Although someone enjoyed sweeping and jumping on the new door mat a little more than actually planting. Oh well, I'm sure one day I'll be begging him to get out the dirt.



We also did some yard exploring--

And some peeking at the pups--


Have I mentioned that we taught Reese to say "hush" when the dogs bark? It is super cute-- except when he hushes us...

Little man also helped me organize our dump drawer and clean out some old files.

I rewarded him by reading a few books--




He doesn't really have a favorite book. He loves them all. The books I stacked on the ottoman are just a few of the many strewn across the house. What can I say? He's a teacher's child, for sure.

I'm a wee bit sad the week has come to an end. I've really enjoyed my time at home. Reese has changed so much since my last long break, I can't wait to see what adventures summer has in store for us.


I rocked him for a little while tonight, and after we said our prayers I asked him for a snuggle and a smooch. He wrapped those chunky arms around my neck and held on tight and I said a silently thank you to God for giving me such a beautiful son. Oh how I love this boy.

No comments: