Case in point::
Lofton picked Reese up from school Wednesday and was greeted with BIG news. Our baby, our not even TWO years old baby, tee-teed in the potty at school. He asked to tee-tee in the potty and then did.
I was flabbergasted to say the least. Potty training? Are you kidding me? I have plans to do that NEXT summer. I'm not potty training right now. It's the start of school {and football season} and Lofton is days away from dismantling one of our bathrooms.
Although I excitedly shared the news, I also told myself {and Lofton} that this was probably a fluke. Again I reiterated: We are NOT potty training him now.
![]() |
| Parts have been blurred for privacy. |
Except in the last four days he's gone to the bathroom twice more at school and a few times at home. And he is SO excited.
I don't want to temper his spirit, so it looks like ready or not here we go. The potty seat has been purchased {thanks mimi} and we have M&M's ready for a reward. We are going to take this very slow. Snail pace, my friends, and just see what happens.
On a side note, today while I sat in the bathroom with Reese I had an epiphany. Sometime, I'm not sure when, Reese and I transitioned from me talking at him to us actually talking. Are we having a full-blown conversation? Not exactly. But we are communicating.
Just another sign times are changing, I suppose.



1 comment:
YAY what a big boy! good luck with this new adventure!!!!
Post a Comment