Twenty-two months is bringing lots of changes. Reese starts a new class at school tomorrow. He is officially moving into the two-year old preschool class and skipping the older toddler room.
Although he'll be the youngest in his class, his teachers {and Lofton and I} are in agreement that he's ready. In his new class he'll be one of seven kids. The main change will be that this class follows a set curriculum and he'll be participating in more structured play and activities {i.e. music, art, story time}. He visited some last week and did great.
My teacher heart is happy, but my mama heart longs for him to go back to the baby hall for a few more years!
Speaking of teacher heart, I spent so many hours worrying Reese would never talk and now he talks ALL THE TIME. Most of what he says is pretty understandable, although occasionally Lofton and I still have to translate.
Favorite words? "Scuse Me!", "suitcase", "Raleigh", "backpack", "Holland", "guitar", and "mitamin" {vitamin}. My dad also taught him to say "Banana in the tail pipe!" Thanks Buck. He can also correctly identify {and say} eyes, ears, hair, knees, shoulders, arms, toes, and feet. And most of the time if you ask him his name he'll tell you. Sometimes he calls himself Boo instead of Reese. Oops.
We have finally graduated to falling asleep on our own-- if Lofton puts him to bed. If I put him to bed there is lots of crying and yelling for mama. I like to think he cries because he wants to hang out with me a little longer! Abe has been a life saver at night. His batteries went out a few weeks ago and it was tragic. Needless to say we made a early run to Target for the jumbo pack of triple A's.
Even after twenty-two months Lofton and I are constantly amazed at Reese's pleasant temperament. He's not perfect, and with his strong will we definitely have our moments, but overall he is the happiest and funniest child. We laugh more than we cry, and I consider that to mean we have a happy child! He goes with the flow, schedule disruptions don't really phase him, and we can take him almost anywhere. It's possible he may be a comedian. He loves to make people laugh... and he LOVES to laugh at himself {wonder whom he gets that from???}.
To say we are blessed would be an understatement. I can't imagine anything more perfect than this little man.



1 comment:
that last picture is hilarious.... i can just hear him laughing in my head :)
Post a Comment