Sigh.... It's almost Thanksgiving, it's almost Thanksgiving....
We headed home Thursday after work so that we could wake up rested Friday morning and ready to hit the air show. There was a brief detour through Evergreen to have dinner with my favorite long ago neighbors, the McMillan's. You know how in your perfect fantasy life you would have an amazing best friend neighbor, who every afternoon you'd share your day with while having a delightful cocktail or glass of wine?
That's my Melissa.
It was so random when they happened to move in two houses down from our Auburn house, but also so perfect. I miss her dearly and every time we see them I'm reminded of that fact. And I cry when we leave. And then beg Lofton to get a job with Rigby so we can move next door to them again.
Rigby pretty much put it perfectly when he said, as our three children and a hodgepodge of dogs ran around, "I love that we always pick up right where we left off. It's like we've never been apart. Which is weird since we've added three kids to the mix."
Drying my eyes and moving on...
We made it home around 11:30 Thursday night. Mama was up waiting and Daddy drug himself out of bed to greet the now wide awake toddler. Reese chose to sleep with his Emo so Lofton and I made a hasty escape. Six hours later we were all up! Cause that's how we roll at the Buckley house...
The Blue Angels show was amazing. Even more so since Lofton had never seen them fly. The benefit of the homecoming show at the base is that there are planes flying all day. We spread out our blanket and enjoyed the beautiful weather, air show and some snacks. Corn dogs, funnel cakes and cheese fries oh my!
And then after a few hours there was napping-
Reese was not surprisingly underwhelmed by the Blue Angels. I've learned not to expect much from him because he is typically underwhelmed by most things I think he will be super excited about!
Saturday morning was filled with some unfortunate stomach problems from our favorite toddler. We aren't sure if it was a touch of a bug, or an over indulgence in corn dog the day before. Regardless, Mama flew into our bedroom at ten to six requesting new underwear for Reese. He had gone potty... on her feet, I think. And then he threw up. In my hands. It was delightful.
Lofton and I decided to relish in a rare opportunity to pass the sick toddler off on someone else for a few hours and hit the mall. Boo needed some pants {and shopping options are non existent in O-town}, and Lofton and I both were coveting new shoes. Success was had on all fronts.
We rested the remainder of the day. With our rosy cheeks.
Because stomach problems are the pits :(
One more thing before I let you go--
My very favorite friend in the whole world is having a baby all of her own. Cassie and Hugh are going to be delighting in my favorite adventure come April. I'm just over the moon with joy! And to make it even better, they found out Friday that Tiger Baby {as Reese has affectionately named it} is going to be wearing ruffles, polka dots, and pearls. I die. Side note: Reese on the other hand is a tad bit disappointed because he thought Tiger Baby was going to be an actual tiger. Hells bells. Oh to be a toddler again....
Happy week my friends!



1 comment:
Love you :)
Post a Comment