Sunday, November 27, 2011

turkey day 2011

Long live five day Thanksgiving breaks.  Is there someplace I can teach were five days off is a regular occurrence?  It's been delightful.



Sure, there's been lots of driving to and from LG AND there was that game yesterday that we'll just gloss over, but otherwise it's been just delightful.  We've had lots of family time, lots of relaxing, and lots of house projects.


Drywall has been hung by my handy husband, so my parents are well on their way to having a new bedroom by Christmas and I even got a start on Christmas decorating.



I will admit this is probably the first time I've felt sad about not being in the old house.  Something about a historical home decorated for Christmas always felt so magical.  Now I'm fumbling around trying to figure out where to put things in this new place.  I'll get there.... right?

And now we start the push toward Christmas.  I know the next few weeks will go really fast.  There are lots of things going on at school and at home {-- can we say six years of wedded bliss!!}.


He can't believe it either...

And now I'm off to enjoy my last few hours of break. This rainy weather calls for some chili making.

No comments: