Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thankful for ducks

As part of my embrace life as it is attitude I've tried to really reflective on the things I'm thankful for at all times, not just here at Thanksgiving time.  With that being said, today I am especially thankful for having a long break from work to enjoy this boy--


We've spent today baking, running errands, cleaning and, of course, having a lunch date with our favorite daddy.  

My child may be sassy and temperamental at times, but he is, without a a doubt, my most favorite person to spend the day with.  

Case in point: 

On the way to Target this morning we passed Cock of the Walk, a local restaurant that we drive past at least once a day.  In the Spring, we became particularly attached to a flock of ducks that inhabited their parking lot.  The ducks would alternate between Cock of the Walk and the field directly across the street.  We saw their babies grow bigger, and often traffic would come to a complete stop as the mama's and babies would cross the road. At the end of the summer the ducks moved on.

Today, even though the ducks have been gone for a long time, Reese asked about them when we drove past.  He wanted to know where his duck friends had gone and I told him that they were somewhere warm, that ducks don't enjoy living in places where it gets cold.  Sweet boy, with his child like view of the world, said, "Then we need to get the ducks some jackets at Target, Mama.  Do they have little duck jackets there?"

And that is why I adore him so.

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends.  Safe travels!

No comments: