Tuesday, February 21, 2012

bummer

We are back on the yucky train.  The yucky ear infection train, in specific.

{Insert your own curse word here.}

Reese and I went to the pediatrician yesterday and he sent us home with a new nasal steroid.  That's all.  Just some increased allergy medicine.  We spent over an hour in Target wrangling insurance to get it filled. Seriously PEEHIP, get your freaking act together.

Then today daycare called around 12:45.  Smack dab in the middle of Reese's nap time and my very important meeting.  Little Boo was screaming his head off, complaining of ear pain.  {Again, insert your own curse word here.}

I called the hubs, he scooted across town, and then text to tell me Reese was in real pain.  Bless the sweet nurse at the ENT.  I know I was talking ninety to nothing when I called her. I was fully prepared to cry and beg my way into an appointment.  When she said, "Can you be here in thirty minutes?" I about started weeping. Yes, sweet nurse, we can.

Long story short, we saw the audiologist and then our doctor.  Reese still has both of his tubes, but the right one is no longer in place.  It is completely clogged.  His right ear is full of infected fluid which is diminishing his hearing in that ear as well. The plan for now is two weeks of heavy antibiotics.  We can't do anything until the infection is gone.  In three weeks we will go back to see if the fluid has cleared.  Please pray that it has, because if not, we will need a new set of tubes.

We certainly have been blessed that this set of tubes has lasted two years, but our hope was that he would outgrow his propensity toward ear infections.  Boo.

No comments: