I survived the circus. I am happy to report there was only ONE clown. Whew!
As with most events, Reese was underwhelmed. He's quite the observer, this one. He sits back and watches, takes everything in. He's not so much a fan of crowds {wonder where he gets that?}.
It was fun to share our first circus experience with the cousins. They got a little play time in before we headed to Columbus, which was nice. As their little feet pounded the floor, running up and down our long hallway, my heart smiled. Paw Paw started to tell them to stop running, but I rudely shushed him. I just love it.
Mimi had purchased an extra ticket {I think for Uncle Swoll, i.e. John Lee} but he had other plans. That's okay, though, we took our weekend house guest:
Sweet girl spent the weekend with us, and we so enjoyed our time. What a joy she is to be around. She just fit right in here at Casa Beasley; hanging out, grocery shopping, cooking dinner, and helping with Reese. We heart Holland.
Back to the circus....
There were lights and dancers and elephants and tricks. There was also ten dollar cotton candy and eighteen dollar swords. Oh the commercialization of America.
Our favorite part was the elephant show. Save your comments about how they are mistreated for some other time, because they were THE entertainment.
I'm not sure that the circus is an event we'll frequent, but it was a delightful way to spend some family time together. Thanks Mimi!




No comments:
Post a Comment