Reese and I are snuggled up in the bed, watching some Disney channel cartoons and coughing. It seems our favorite boy has come down with quite the nasty cold. He's a stuffy, coughing, low-grade fever mess.
![]() |
| Exhibit A: the mess |
We sent Daddy-O off for a rainy golf date with friends, and Reese and I plan on hanging low all.day.long.
I've dosed him up on motrin and slathered his chest with vick's. Oh vicks, why don't you make a perfume?
We had a doozy of a week in preschool land so it's nice to have some snuggle time today. You see, my dear three year old has come home with a new trick: flipping the bird. Yep, that's my boy. I am about at my wits end. There have been time outs, spankings, voice raisings... but I think ignoring him may be our new approach.
![]() |
| Exhibit B: sassy |
I called his teacher Friday just to make sure none of these unfortunate actions were being displayed to his friends. They aren't, but she did say some of the other boys in his class had been acting unruly, too. She's contacted some parents and I wanted her to know that we want to be called if Reese is making poor choices at school. It's important to me that we handle situations in a timely manner.
While talking to a friend at school about this, she mentioned how hard it is to accept that even at this young age our children are being influenced by others. True that. I suppose this is where that whole train your child up in the way that is right comes into play.
Goodness this business of making children into thoughtful, polite, sweet, smart, well-rounded people is difficult.
And that is why today we choose to snuggle.



No comments:
Post a Comment