Thursday, March 22, 2012

it's a wrap

And then it was over!

We are home from the hospital, new tubes in place.  The procedure was a little more involved than last time.  Something to do with one of the holes from the old tube being bigger than we needed for the hole for the new tube.  There was some extra stitching needed on his ear drum.  Whatever you gotta do, I don't care.  It's over.

let's do this...

Last night was long....

Knowing that Reese wouldn't be able to eat this morning was a little unsettling to us.  This is the child that likes to eat as soon as his feet hit the floor, after all.  I stuffed him with chicken nuggets {8!}, french fries, yogurt, and grapes.  Just our luck, it didn't help.  The first thing he said this morning was, "I is hungry and I is not going to the hospital." oh, okay.  I'm glad you decided that on your own.  Ears be damned, I guess?

Needless to say the two hours between when he woke up and when we left for the hospital dragged slowly.

The anesthesia made him very angry and upset.  We knew that would happen, though. But now we are home. And he's eaten--twice.  And wouldn't you know, he doesn't want to nap.  We did have one little stumble when he hopped from my bed onto the floor, but other than that he's been fine.

are you kidding me that the nurses bandaged Leo & Peter's ears, plus gave them hospital bracelets? i die.

My mama is almost here, Lofton's mom headed home, and we are ready to rest and recuperate.

2 comments:

The Mundies said...

So glad it went well! :)

Meagan {Green Motherhood} said...

Glad all went well and y'all are resting at home. Hoping the sickness is behind y'all now! He's too cute.