Monday, March 26, 2012

mini break monday and a resolution update

My favorite thing about a summertime Sunday is knowing I don't have to work on Monday.  I went to bed last night with the same joy.  Mini Break?  Yes, I am enjoying you. Pretend errand running later?  Lunch with handsome husband?  Powdered sugar doughnuts eaten in the bed?

All of the above

And now an update on my resolution.  The one where I committed to being present.  It's going well-- thank you for asking.  My sweet middle school friend, Emily Ley {she is uber talented}, blogged about this very topic yesterday.  And although we are at very different stages of parenting, I immediately thought of this:


My baby boy is learning to write his letters. Sigh.

Literally, you blink and they've gone from learning to walk to learning to write.  And then you realize your baby starts soccer camp next week and he's learning to pedal his tricycle.

One of the benefits of being present is seeing all of these moments. Really soaking them in.  Because as the time passes, the milestones will get more frequent.  Being present means appreciating all that this curly haired boy is learning and doing. Right now.

So while parenting a three year old is teaching Lofton and I a whole lot about patience and grace {oh the grace}, it's also teaching us a whole lot about love.


For each other and for this pint size preschooler.

No comments: