Something about a three day teaching week is always frantic. Three days is great, because it meant we had two off, but it's still like teaching five days of material... just in less time. I'm glad it's over.
These three days were a doozy at home, too.
Little man did not adjust well to going back to school. Wednesday was okay, Thursday was a disaster, and Friday we were all glad to have the week over.
Here's a snippet of our conversation in the car Wednesday afternoon:
Me: I'm so glad you had a good day at school and you got to play with your friends.
Reese: Me too, but I'm not going back.
Me: Excuse me?
Reese: I want to stay home tomorrow. For a lot of stay home days.
Me: I know you do, but you can't. Mama has to go to work.
Reese: But I'll be really sweet and good! Please. I don't want to go back to school day.
It was pitiful. Because really, the guilt of being a working mom never ends. And Thursday morning he was the most pitiful baby in the whole world. If you had been here you would have thought so too. He wasn't bratty and sassy, just sad.
Chick fil A Friday helped soothe him yesterday morning. I'm so glad I started that little routine. It really helps get him up and out of bed, happily, Friday mornings. {Truthfully though we do it because by Friday we've run out of bananas, he's morning staple.}
Yesterday afternoon took a not so fabulous turn at school.
Our sweet Mrs. Gibson keeps the office going. She's also appointed herself Reese's in town grandmother; she's my heart at school. Long story condensed, she wasn't feeling so well after lunch. One thing lead to another, the nurse came from the middle school, and then 911 was called. And the whole time I just sat on the floor and cradled Mrs. Gibson and talked to her about Reese and the sweet grand baby she has on the way. It was a long few hours, but after some tests, the doctor's are sure it was a little blood pressure incident that can be fixed with an adjustment of her medication. I made her promise me she would never do this again. Ever.
And now the weekend has arrived. Lofton and I have some paint projects to complete when he gets home from work. And we also have some preparations to make for next weekend-- Easter. We are really excited to be hosting our families at our house this year. We feel very grown-up! It really was just a logical arrangement since everyone is coming from different directions, but I'll take it. I love a party.
Pictures of our room reno {times two} coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment