Wednesday, May 2, 2012

brain dump

I'm too tired for a cohesive post, bullets will have to do--

  • We took our third graders bowling today.  Field trips give me anxiety, but this one wasn't too bad.  We had the whole bowling alley to ourselves, the bus ride was fairly short, and the kids had a blast.  It was our most successful field trip to date.  
  • My brother was awarded another scholarship to UWF yesterday.  Although I'm in complete denial that he is graduating from high school {seriously, i spontaneously burst into tears just thinking about it}, I am so proud.  I remember the day he started Kindergarten like it was yesterday.  And I cried that day, too.
  • We are in our last week of soccer--thankyoujesus.  Tomorrow night is our last night, actually.  It's been a great introduction for Lofton as to how Reese will participate in fall sports.  Our expectations have been lowered to a more reasonable level.
  • Our resident sassy pants has a bum knee.  He fell at school Monday afternoon right as Lofton was picking him up.  It took both Lofton and I to get the nasty thing cleaned up.  There was yelling, lots of tears and snot, and then a refusal to walk for the rest of the evening.  Dramatic? Yes.



But also adorable.  And why are knee injuries so hard to bandage?

And that's all she wrote, kids.  We are in strict survival mood for the next few weeks.  May 25th, where are you?


No comments: