This week has been a tough one, y'all. And I hate to say it, but it's gonna get worse before it gets better.
I'm obviously back to the world of the working this week, which means little man is back to school as well. That in itself is not the problem. The issue is that not ONLY is he back to school, he is MOVING to a new classroom. This was transition week at daycare and Reese has made it very clear; Transitions are not his thing.
We {and by we I really mean ALL of us} are super attached to his teacher at school, Ms. Maureen. Like super glue attached. Reese loves her as much as she loves him. It has always been such a comfort to know that he is happy and LOVED at school.
That being said, I know he will love and BE loved by his new teachers as well. I have met them and they are both kind and wonderful ladies. They are just unfamiliar to us and we are creatures of habit.
It breaks my heart to pick him up from school in the afternoon and hear that he cried {loud and hard} the WHOLE time he visited his new room. I have cried, too. Everyday this week. At daycare-- in front of people. If you know me, you know I am NOT an attractive crier.
Lee, the director of the daycare, called and left me a message today. It went something like, "Today was a better day. Yes he cried, but not as long. It's going to get better. I promise."
My head knows she's right, but my heart is a different story.
So Monday, while I'm off to greet a new flock of third graders, Lofton will take Reese to school and deposit him in a new room. It's not going to be pretty, but somebody has to take him, and I'm oh so glad it isn't me.
No comments:
Post a Comment